Skip to Content
Schedule a Consultation 713-766-5355

My spouse is spending money on a girlfriend or boyfriend. Can I get that money back?

When your spouse spends money on an individual that they are having an affair with, it is considered in the courts as a waste claim. They are essentially wasting the community assets of the marriage. So if that does occur in your case, you can ask for a reimbursement of those funds so that those funds that they have wasted will be taken into consideration. Whenever the court is dividing the community estate between the parties.