Skip to Content
Schedule a Consultation 713-766-5355

My spouse verbally abuses me. What can I do about this in a divorce case?

It's very common in divorce that one party may feel like they're being emotionally abused or verbally abused in a relationship. And not always are you eligible to file what's called a protective order, which would require the other person not to come within a certain distance of you or not be allowed to come around your child or your workplace. However, we can ask the court in a divorce to order that the other spouse not be allowed to verbally harass you. So say rude remarks, call you certain names, and those are what's called permanent injunctions. And it is very often that we ask for those in a divorce case.